Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Don't Even Say It...

Thank God that I have learned the value of not always saying what I want to say. I have avoided causing many harms to myself and others by simply remembering that silence is sometimes golden. Just this week alone I almost accused my wife of cheating on me (based on a very random and unsubstantiated thought just fell into my head), I almost told my sponsor that he was a screw up for cancelling my step-work appointment, I was really on the verge of telling certain people in the meeting to shut the fuck up tonight - it was the ones who don't attend regularly, don't work steps, chronic relapsers who want to share their "experience, strength and hope" with others in the meeting, it was also the ones in the meeting who believe that God can't get the message out without their help (they never have an issue of their own & yet they have experience in everybody elses issue) - personally, I call them the "full-of-shitters", but it's cool; it takes all types to make a world. Then there's the crack-pots - the ones who did a little too much this or that and aren't all there mentally but love to share at every meeting (one guy told me that there was a body in the bathroom of the meeting today, this same guy regularly tells me that he's Jesus Christ) he's cool, but I can't stand that he's always in the mood to share with the group. Needless to say I wasn't feeling very patient or tolerant today but thank God I can sit my ass down, shut up and listen. Today I was very priviledged to hear something that was really spiritually uplifting, which brought me back to the sanity of being grateful that i am not one those wonderful people. I am also grateful for the awareness that i have my issues & they have theirs and nobody's better than anybody else. Just For Today I am striving to be ok with me
and other people just where we are.

No comments: