Saturday, October 6, 2007

Updates...

I been away from my blog-spot for a while now. I can explain: First of all, writing is a new thing for me. It was suggested and suggested and finally I said "oh well I guess I'll give it a try". I also tend to get uncomfortable with the whole process - either I think that I shouldn't write unless I have something 'interesting' to say (drama or something new and exciting happening in my life), or I tend to feel like "Damn, all I write about is drama" which starts me wondering if people will think I'm completely screwed up. Either way, I am never at a shortage of excuses to neglect my writing. But as usual I come to my senses and put my fingers to the keyboard once again.
So here's what's been up: I have decided to end my internet business - way too stressful. Doing too much primarily by myself for far too long, a few difficult months caused me too experience financial losses which of course created even more stress. Additionally I had a few people get on my case for screwed up orders (which bruised my sensitive ego and my need to people please). So after much struggle I decided to give myself a break. After all I do have a part-time job and a family to attend to. I also have a two full time job offers on the shelf (both nice).
Lately I have had a tremendous brainstorm of a business idea - I actually have a TEAM of highly qualified, experienced people who have bought into the concept and are hard at work helping me to develop it into the gold-mine that we believe it will be (no hints, just keep coming back, more will be revealed).
My love life is doing pretty good - still needs work but it's improving (I think, I can only speak for myself).
I have been working out and I have lost weight (giving a much needed boost to my self-esteem).
I've gotten back into my step-work and helping my sponsees with their step work and my meeting attendence has picked up. I have been sharing my pain and struggles with other recovering people - this has helped to relieve some of the pressure of holding things inside.
So basically things are changing and improving in my life.
Just for today, I am grateful for life and all that comes with it. After all I could be somewhere high (or dead) missing out on the whole experience. Thank you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . . could there be a corelation (sp) between doing the work and having everything else improve?

Me too.