Saturday, November 17, 2007

Checking In...

Life has been moving right along. Change has come whether I've wanted it or not. Friends have died of overdoses, some have relapsed, a lot have been staying clean.
Through it all, I have been staying clean - Thank God.
I have taken on a job which I love and yet the boss seems to be trying to get rid of me - it's not paranoia because others see it too. Oh well, there will be other jobs.
There was this other really nice job (with great pay and benefits) that I was hoping to get. I was qualified and they wanted me but the unthinkable happened: My old job had been bought out by another company and then they were bought out by yet another company - which made verifying my employment very, very difficult. Soooo... no employment verification - no job. Oh well there will be other jobs.
Then there's my trusty relationship - with all its ups and downs. Now we have been on an up-swing lately, we've both been working out and eating right, getting along and everything and yet... after being semi-distant for so long I can't help but wonder if we'll ever find our way back to where we once were. I keep holding on. Oh well I know there'll never be another lady in my life quite like the one I have.
I shut down my business. It was very difficult - some people were disappointed, I was kind of ashamed as if to say that I was a failure - that's all my fragile self-esteem needs to hear. Oh well, thank God I have a sponsor and a God to help restore me to sanity.
Just for today: Life is good and I don't really believe that this is as good as it gets - i think there's more good to come if i stay on the path.
Peace

No comments: