Friday, June 29, 2007

Got A Job !

After nearly 4 years, I have gotten a job ! I deliberately chose not to work, I wanted to concentrate on my venture into the world of small business ownership. I have an online store which means that I can be at home with my kids. Thats awesome right? Yes it is, but it's also extremely taxing and has driven me to the conclusion that I would rather go punch a clock somewhere to get a break from these kids of mine. They're great kids but (whew !) they're kids. I willingly surrender to the DayCare Program, babysitters, a nanny or anybody or anything that will take them off my hands. I figure this way they our relationship will improve - I'll have an opportunity to miss them and maybe I won't have to start my mornings jumping at their every beck & call. I respect and admire mothers (having apparently been one for the past two years) I am very grateful to God that he made me a Dad and that their mom is healthy and available to them. Hopefully this job thing will work out. It's one that I don't mind doing and even though the pay might not be all that it should be very spiritually fulfilling (i'm going to work at the treatment center where I was once a resident; and a pretty difficult one at that). I guess that goes to show that you really can't judge another person's desire to find recovery. If i keep that in mind maybe I'll have something to offer the guys that God will be placing in my life. Just for today I am grateful period.

No comments: