Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Step Four ? Hah !

I haven't posted anything in about a week - been too busy living life. Lately I've been holding on with both hands -the highs astronomical, the lows - the pits of hell. The twists & turns in the road - fast & furious. A day in the life of a bi-polar schizophrenic? nope - this is me caught in the grips of step six. And they say that step four is the "make or breaker". My step four was rough indeed but at least i had heard the rumors about how 'intense' that step could be - so i was prepared for the worst. But this step here - nobody warned me (as if that could've helped). to make things worse - this ain't even my first time doing this step. This is the step that is like when they put the Shocker Things on your chest to restore your heartbeat - it's a bitch - but it'll save your life. more on this later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found step 4 incredibly liberating. It was like shucking off clothes that didn't fit and standing naked in a field. After 5th stepping it I've found that any clothes I choose to put on are exactly that - my choice. If I had known before how liberating it would be I would not have delayed doing it for so long and I wouldn't have had any fear about taking it. Maybe for some shrugging off those ill fitting clothes feels like being skinned alive. But that wasn't my experience.

Glad to see you writing. Keep coming back!

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

hey don't worry. I still feel like an unmitigated fool from time to time. its just part of growing up. we ALL have a LOT of catching up to do. you have to learn how to be comfortable looking like an immature fool who always gets the wrong end of the stick, so to speak. once you stop caring that you are seen to be getting it horribly wrong from time to time, despite your best intentions, the journey gets a little easier. its the ego puncturing nature of the journey im afraid. you may as well get used to it!