Thursday, June 21, 2007

Return of The Pressure Cooker (part 205)

I don't know what it is about me that I keep allowing myself to get behind the 8-ball. Maybe I subconsciously enjoy the pressures that go along with having deadlines and not quite enough time to meet them. I must like it because time and again I find myself right here in this same place with nobody else to blame (tho' God knows I've looked for someone). So here I am again with about two or three days work on my plate and a half -day to get it all done, while I'm chasing little Sean Andrew around the house. He's my 20 month old bundle of joy - (I'm planning to name my next stomach ulcer after him). I think somewhere in the back of my mind there is an insane tug-of-war going on; on one side there's the team saying "Don't worry about it - You're SUPERMAN, you can get to it later !" and then there's the team that says "Why bother? You're an idiot and you'll only screw it up". And the really crazy part is I don't really know which team I listen to the most. All I know is once again I find myself back on this same path. I do however; still have gratitude. Grateful that every now & then I break the pattern. Grateful that I am not seeking out someone else to blame (today). I'm grateful that I am aware that I have an issue that needs addressing. And very grateful that I have a Higher Power that can help me (if I let Him).
P.S. I been asked to Speak at a Recovery Event out of town this weekend (Chicago here I come). Fuinny thing is I'm not nervous in the least bit. I think I'm putting that off until the last second too.
Just for today I am reminded that I suffer from a disease that will attack any weakness, but also that I have a God and program that can help me to handle it whenever, whereever.

No comments: