Monday, August 20, 2007

That's Life...

"Honey, I'm Home." "OK Babe, be right with you as soon as I finish this book." Later that day... "Hey, I'm done with my book, you want to do anything?" "Yeah sweetie as soon as I get done on this computer." This is the pattern, each too busy and resenting the other for being that way. I live this and I feel like the ground is coming up at me at about two hundred miles per hour. I know that there is a solution - I just don't know what it is. I know people go through phases but that doesn't make it feel any better. I know that I don't have to run away just because that's what I've always done. I hold on. But I also know that things only work if you work them - so sitting on my hands and waiting for the answer to fall out of the sky isn't practical. I also know that the longer we stay together, the more I feel like "if only you'd just do what I want you to do then things would be better". Sometimes, for all that I 'know' I believe that I just don't have a clue. God is good - I guess I'll just leave it at that.
Peace.