Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Awakening...

this is the story of a father and his son.
one day they took a stroll around the block. the son decided to run ahead of the father as he was enjoying himself so much.
the father watched lovingly, protectively and with much pride observing the beauty of his son.
the son splashed in the mud and the snow making a mess and having a ball.
the father occassionally offered his hand to the son, but the son declined; he could handle things he decided.
the son slipped on ice a time or two and the father was always there to help him up and comfort and encourage his son. when the son ran fast the father kept up always right there out of view but always within reach.
as the son enjoyed himself so much the father was equally pleased.

the point is that this happened to me today literally as i took a walk with my two sons. during our walk i felt that my Father also watches over me and is always within reach and even though i don't always take His hand it is always available to me without fail. and just as my own sons are limited in their awareness (sometimes seeing only what they want, versus whats practical or dangerous to them) i too am limited whereas my Father is not.

the more i find myself enjoying the company of my children i am growing in my understanding of how much my Father loves me.

Just for today - i am so fortunate to have God in my life, and all the things, people and experiences that enhance my relationship with Him. My gratitude speaks when i share my love and experience with another human being (sometimes when i just share it with myself)
peace.