Thursday, March 6, 2008

yes sir

another day moving along on this path, and things are looking up.
i got a chance to enjoy a full day with my boys which is always awesome !
i got the good news about a job that i had been hoping for - and the pay is perfect.
it even has hours that won't interfere with my visitation with the kids !
my apartment hunt is no longer a stressful ordeal.
my recovery process is progressing beautifully - addicts call me for help with their catastrophic "relationshits of lust" (as this one addict affectionately referred to his love affair gone bad).
it is a blessing to be able to give some hope to another soul in pain.
God is good - i'm here to tell you.
Just for today I am standing for something, i have principles and values that i choose not to compromise in the name of a feeling.
i am doing my very best each day to put one foot in front of the other and keep on working on ME.
i have my work cut out for me - but it really ain't as bad as i thought it would be.
this week i bought my son a few outfits and some other essentials and felt good for doing it - not just dishing out cash, but actually taking him in the dressing room and having him try things on. i bought him and his brother some goodies today and took them to the park and i am discovering that the more i give to them the more i get for me.
i am back on track with my business too - i put in more work getting contracts this week than in all of last year.
bottom line: when i stop looking for someone to help me, i can start looking to myself for help. after all nobody should care for my business more than i care for it.
Just for today, self-love is an action word and i am living it.
single and free -who woulda thunk it possible ?

No comments: