Saturday, March 8, 2008

what is this...?

that comforts me when i am uneasy.
that relieves me when i am in pain.
that gives me courage when i afraid.
reassures me when i am unsure,
encourages me when i am in doubt,

that loves me in a way that never fails
has no conditions, strings attached or hidden agendas,
loves me in a way that is forgiving, understanding, accepting and patient.
loves me in a way that completes me and takes nothing away.

what is it?

where does the strength come from that keeps me moving forward when i want to lie down and give up?
how am i able to love myself and take care of myself suddenly when all my life that had only been an impossible dream ?
why am i so filled up when my emptiness had here-to-fore defined me?

why is this experience so good?
what have i done to deserve so much?
how can something be so generous... to someone like me?

how can i ever repay this?
what can i do beyond giving my entire life,
...as only a down payment?

why is it that i am so overwhelmed even though i am only beginning to know the answer to these questions?

it's no mystery that i am hungry for more and more of "this".
that i will do all that i imperfectly can to fill my cup up until it runneth over with more of "this".

why do i feel as though i have found what i have searched my entire life for?

only a small taste of "this" has me hooked and i can't get enough.

i want more.
i want it all.
i want it now.

i pray and accept that all things come in His time.

i am so grateful.
i am so happy.
i am so very fortunate, to have found this path or rather that the path has found me.

just for today, i wish everyone love, peace and a greater understanding of "this" awesome love that i have found in a Higher Power that i choose to call God.

No comments: