Tuesday, March 4, 2008

time to move on...

time to move.
i have to leave my residence by april first which kinda scares me to death.
i know that God has me if i just do the next right thing.
i stay prayerful and practicing trust and faith along with courage.
i keep moving forward and i am optimistic about my future.
God has brought me a long way in these past several months.
i am so very grateful.
just for today i don't want to cause any harm to anyone.
i want to continue to pursue my recovery and mind my business and leave others where they are.
i pray for everybody's well being.
i am learning to take care of my resposibilities today.
i am not perfect nor will i ever be, but i am becoming more ok with who i am, and learning to be ok with who others are.
i have not been trying to force outcomes, instead i try to be ok wiht things as they are.
i thank God for the awareness of my defects of character - i have so much work to do and yet all i have to do is ask for God to remove them from me.
just for today i am powerless and i accept this fact - but it isn't frightening anymore because i have truly come to believe in a POWER that is able to restore, direct me, love me and forgive me when i stray off course.
God is good ! life is good ! and just for today I am good, even though i find myself struggling with feelings from time to time.

Oh yeah, i have been asked to share my story 3 more times in the next 3 months. i shared in in a small town in jan.; in new york in feb.; a local town near here in march, cinty in april, and my own home town in may - i asked my sponsor if i shouldn't say no to some of these invitations (i am not trying to venture into ego-inflating experiences) he told me that evidently God wants me to speak and tell my story. he told me that with my personality and my honesty and my experiences God may be able to use me to touch a life or two. i was so honored to hear that. i really want to do whatever God wants me to do today - becuase i have no doubt in my mind today that i would not be here if it weren't for Him and this God given program. i am so grateful and this is a debt that i could never repay. my sponsor told me that i need to stand up and show that this program and God works miracles ! that there are people watching me; some watching and hoping i fall, some praying that i make it and others who just don't know but need to know that today i stand and claim victory ! and i give the glory to the God of my understanding for doing for me what i could not do for myself. this program works, we do recover, we don't have to use NO MATTER WHAT ! and God is definitely good today.
if a hot mess like me can find freedom, then anybody can.
this road is far from over, but i am giong to do my personal best on a daily basis and leave the results to God.
thanks - i love you - and i wish you peace.

No comments: