Tuesday, April 10, 2007

and I thought I was CRAZY...

Boy oh boy, today has been a day of days. I have to express deep gratitude that although my life can be messy at times, at least I'm neither using nor a complete slave to my diseased thinking. I have the true blessing and privilege of being a sponsor to a group of very fine gentlemen. The relationships that we have forged have been nothing short of "enriching" to my spirit & life. Today I had the distinct pleasure of hanging out with one of my "multiple relapsing" sponsees - who still has yet another bright idea up his sleeve ( use soboxone & work two jobs, no time for meetings)- despite all the evidence that his ideas haven't been worth a wheel barrel full of poop, but he's got a right to his own process (& pain) right? And then there's the one who...
Oh well just suffice it to say: Thank God for my recovery & a chance at life. I am grateful & i live my gratitude by continuing onward in this process. I sometimes get flabbergasted when I think about people 'giving the gift back' but then I get restored to sanity & undestand that until a body is really ready, a body ain't really ready.

Love y'all

No comments: