Thursday, April 26, 2007

This Is Just Great !

Midnight found me at the emergency room last night with doctors taking a look at my new tattoo. It looked a little 'fishy' to me - should it be that swollen, I wondered. Doctors said "no", good thing i came in. It appears that I have an infection under my skin. i'm taking anti-biotics & it has to be watched closely. They took a marker and drew a circle around the infected area - if the redness and sweeling spreads then i need to go back to the ER asap. Gee thanks tattoo shop, I went to a legit place of business to avoid this type of danger. Life can be very interesting at times. Now i have to walk around with my hand held over my heart today, which makes things a little more challenging. Oh well, i won't use over this - that's for damn sure. They used to tell me early on that there's no problem in life that a drink or a drug won't make worse.
Just for today - I have enough problems. Thank God for the clearer thinking that comes as a result of working the steps.

1 comment:

Meg Moran said...

Isn't midnight in the ER like the twilight zone? hope you heal up quick.