Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Let the Good Times Roll...

Not a bad day Yesterday at all. I was nice to the Mrs. on her birthday ( I went and got a tattoo - she says they're sexy ) - I say it kinda hurt, but it is cool-looking. I took her to breakfast & dinner & I did the housework, while she went tanning, shopping and to get a manicure (she's very deserving of every happiness.) I have a Tee Shirt Business & had orders backing up that i got shipped out - whew, that made me feel better ! I really feel good about resisting the temptation to skip the meeting and enjoy the weather. I need my meetings ! Not only did I atend the meeting but I participated and practiced not cringing when certain members "held us all hostage", with their VERY long-windedness. Nor did I get up and leave when certain members shared OVER & OVER again. I just sat and listened (for the most part) and made a decision to NOT be a part of the problem - so I shared briefly and to the point and practiced being respectful to others. At the end of the day, I was feeling happy with myself & grateful for God & my recovery process. I woke up today and got busy working on my 6th step.
Just for today - I know that I can increase my feelings of well-being by continuing to take positive action, moving forward on this path of recovery.

1 comment:

Meg Moran said...

you sound like a good husband, Happy Birthday to your wife! I know how hard it is to practice tolerance in some meetings when the AA mockingbirds start yammering....yikes I tell myself patience and tolerance over and over