Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nice Weather...

The sun is beaming - feels like 75 degrees & I love it. Thank you God for my recovery. Today I can enjoy the green grass & the chirping birds and my family & friends. I have come a long way from being the "dirty rotten scoundrel" that I used to be. I still experience the emotional roller coaster rides associated with learning how to live CLEAN after so many years of living in an "altered state". On any given day I think about leaving my wife, abandoning my kids, beating someone's brains out and maybe event getting high. My gratitude is that I don't experience these feelings regularly, nor do I feel the need to act on them. But they are my feelings, I do acknowledge them & they keep me reminded of Who REALLY is an addict, needing a Power greater than himself to be restored to sanity. I think that Just for Today - I will keep coming back.
Peace

No comments: