Wednesday, May 2, 2007

How about now ?

I originally wanted to title this piece "the invisible man" or "hey, remember me?" because I am at this very complacent space in my relationship where I perform my duties as expected and life goes on. It seems at times that this is a thankless job; where taking each other for granted is all too easy and a lack of gratitude must be constantly gaurded against... or else; situations will develope where two people hardly share anything more intimate than brief telephone conversations or 5 minutes talking to each other in the same room (while performing other household tasks). Then as soon as the 'other task' is completed someone leaves the room and the 'conversation' is terminated. The mental tug-of war rages in my head - thoughts of "this is crap! I deserve more of a life" battling with thoughts of "get into the solution, what is my part, what can i do to make things better. etc. etc. etc." I have so much to learn about life - i had no idea how much work life could be. Oh well thank God for the reallization that things could definitely be worse.
Just for today I know that its ok to feel whatever I feel (I'm not the bad guy); I also know that I don't have to act on my feelings, and my favorite 'sobering' thought: "All feelings eventually pass". I think I'm going to call my sponsor...

No comments: