Sunday, July 22, 2007

We Are The Champions...

"Ok life, is that the best you got ?" Life on life's terms has thrown everything but the kitchen sink at me in recent months and even though I stumbled I wouldn't fall. "Yeah baby, I'm still standing !" I didn't check into a Psych Ward, I didn't cuss anybody out, break anything or get high ! I have had to deal with relationship stress, financial stress, the stress of raising very young children, trouble running my business, changing sponsors and various other minor set-backs and disappointments (I once feared that my new truck was going to be repo'd). Whew I get tired just thinking about all that stress.
But there's something about the reprogramming that I have received as a result of regular meeting attendance and stepwork. Through the storm I knew to call people and share my pain & fears. I kept an open-mind to suggestions and had the willingness to try something different. I practiced a ton of faith and trust believing that as long as I stayed the course things would eventually get better.
So far there haven't been any big changes, most of the issues are still there but a new me is emerging from amidst the chaos. A grateful me. A me that realized that I have been under attack, and they brought out the heavy artillery too. But Just for Today - I'm still standing. In my eyes thats one of the things that makes a winner. Now how much money you got but your ability to withstand the storm and stay the course. "Getting high, running away and acting out is always an option, it's just not the option that I choose" that's what I tell myself, just for today anyway.
peace

No comments: