Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Nothing to Fear, but fear itself...

Well I finally called and spoke to the committee in charge of the event that I didn't attend last weekend. I had been putting it off for a few days - kinda hoping that it'd go away, but oh well my program won't let me just ignore my responsibilities no matter how unpleasant they may "seem" to be. I say 'seem' because in this case, the whole scenario played out in a very cool way. Nobody was angry with me, just concerned. The conversation was encouraging and long story short - I'll still be doing business with them in the future. Go figure. I guess there's no limit to what God can do, when knuckleheads like me get out of the way. All along I had been plagued by fear. Fear that they'd cuss me out, blackball me & slander my name. I was even fearful that if they saw me in their town I might get beat up. Yeah my "irrational imagination"/diseased thinking works overtime & holidays. Anyway as ridiculous as that may sound to you - it sounded reasonable to me in my head. Thank God for sponsorship and supportive people in my life who came to the rescue and reminded me to "stop trippin' and call those people". Thank God for the honesty (to tell on myself), open-mindedness(to consider the suggestions) and the willingness (to go ahead and call despite my fear). So now in retrospect I guess the old saying has merit: Just for today as long as I follow this way, I have nothing to fear (except fear itself).
Peace.

No comments: