Sunday, February 10, 2008

Baby Mama...

Thanks for being so fair,
The way you made a decision that affected my family
I appreciate the way you took no one else’s feelings into consideration
The way you just changed all our lives
I hope you find what you need
Thanks for being so fair
I am grateful that I can see my son 4 or 5 times a week
That’s just great
Thanks
I’d like to thank you from his heart too, I know he’s too young to speak about it
But I’m sure that he’s happy to be able to see his dad, sometimes
Thanks from our son.
Thanks also from your son
Remember him?
The one who’s dad abandoned him,
The one I took in as my own.
Though it wasn’t easy, over time he and I established a bond,
He had a dad again.
Had.
Yeah I know that he doesn’t know how to express his true feelings so I’ll say it for him:
Thanks
Now we barely see each other.
Thanks for being so God damned fair
To yourself
And for considering us
For believing in the commitment that we made to each other
All of us
Not just you and me
But our family
Thanks for playing God and deciding what was best for us all
Thanks for not taking any time out to consider us
Or reconsider
Thanks for changing peoples lives forever
From all of us little people that you may have forgotten about
Us, that also have feelings.
In case you didn’t know how we felt
I just want to tell you
Thanks.
I hope you have all the fun in the world – I guess that’s what really matters most in your little world.
God bless you.

Just for today, thanks for taking that show on the road, maybe God has something way more class than that in store for me.

No comments: