Monday, February 18, 2008

Tenth Step

i am doing better than i feel.
God is getting me through this.
i am learning more about recovery, God, myself and this disease than i ever thought possible.
it still sucks though.
i still hurt from time to time, not as bad and for not as long but it still hurts.
i still actually cry.
i cried today in fact.
but oh well...
it is what it is.
i am powerless.
i wil not add to my own misery by continuing to make contact.
i am grateful.
for the passing of this storm and all the blessings it has brought me.
i am a rock and will not be moved - not today.
me, God and the fellowship, program and steps can get me through whatever, i believe !
i am grateful for my new job, my new life, my son, my family, friends and renewed relationships in and out of this program.
i am especially grateful for my future which i believe will be a happy, joyous and free one.
yes i do hurt from time to time but me & God are going to be alright.
Just for today my prayers go out to the addict that still suffers, the addict that has no clue what this disease can do to you CLEAN, and to the addicts that have not found a power greater than themselves.
We do recover and my life is the message of hope.
Peace.

No comments: