Sunday, December 30, 2007

I keep forgetting...

Keep forgettin we're not in love anymore.
Not acceptin' that we are not together anymore.
Can't believe that I can't MAKE this right somehow.

I tried so hard to act as if i actually hard so damn sense, but i failed miserably.
I acted out in the exact same manner as i have on several occasions. DOING THE SAME THING AND HOPING FOR A DIFFERENT RESULT.
Anyhow, I made a decision to break away for a few days and head to chicago to enjoy the holidays with family and try to move on - its hard to leave and i don't believe this will be the magic cure for anything.

I been thinking about finding a "friend" to maybe distract myself - everybody says no don't do it. but i am getting pretty desperate these days for anything that might help. (besides it seems to be working for my EX)

At any rate; keeping the focus on me: I am heading out right now.
I'm taking my laptop (so that i can continue to write.)
I have long distance on my phone (so my sponsor and friends will always be near).
They have tons of meetings there so I can stay connected.
I even know some fellow members in that area so I'm already going to be in good hands.

Not to mention God.

He Is.

No matter where I am.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Thats the sound of sweet relief - which is what i am feeling now as i bare my soul and know that things are going to get better.

peace

1 comment:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

cool.
Yeah Im inclined to think you would pick another one just like the last if you went out looking now. either that or a scary opposite! (Just as bad)

anyway I saw this and thought it was really !!! funny. thought i would share it..

12 Steps Of Insanity

1. We admitted we were powerless over nothing. We could manage our lives
perfectly and we could manage those of anyone else that would allow it.

2. Came to believe that there was no power greater than ourselves, and the
rest of the world was insane.

3. Made a decision to have our loved ones and friends turn their wills and
their lives over to our care.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of everyone we knew.

5. Admitted to the whole world at large the exact nature of their wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to make others straighten up and do right.

7. Demanded others to either "shape up or ship out."

8. Made a list of anyone who had ever harmed us and became willing to go to
any lengths to get even with them all.

9. Got direct revenge on such people whenever possible except when to do so
would cost us our own lives or, at the very least, a jail sentence.

10. Continued to take inventory of others, and when they were wrong, promptly
and repeatedly told them about it.

11. Sought through nagging to improve our relations with others as we
couldn't understand them at all, asking only that they knuckle under and do
things our way.

12. Having had a complete physical, emotional and spiritual breakdown as a
result of these steps, we tried to blame it on others, and to get sympathy
and pity in all our affairs.

..well i thought it was funny..
made me chuckle..