Saturday, December 29, 2007

On the run...

You aint even gonna believe this shit. nope not at all. actually someone mercifully predicted this and warned me, but braindead fuck that i am...
anyway here's what happened:
Right now I am sitting in the living room of a good friends house becuase i can't go home since the cops are looking for me.
it seems i had one crying spell too many and this time i had it at work (i politely informed my co-workers that i needed to step away for a few. then i went to see the therapist - i work at one of those types of places.) i cried and shared and made one colorful statement too many and i also pounded on his end table once for emphasis (no harm donr to table or hand) but next thing you know they're trying to committ me to the mental ward.
wait it obviously gets worse...
they ask to to volunteer myself and i say what if i dont, then they say they'll "pink slip" me which means i'll stay longer. ththen this big ogre dude walks up and stands by me - fuck !
So i say ok then as the nurse goes to get the paper work i head for the bathroom and bolt towards the exit.
Now i'm running down the street in the rain wearing a wife-beater tee shirt pants and socks - running scared as hell.
Scared cuz i am the type that gets high anxiety if i think i'm being even slightly confined.
so now i'm afraid that the cops are gonna catch me and lock me up.
and i was thinking that this couldn't get any worse.
I could write for day about my many feelings and the lessons learned but i won't.
please suffice it to say: i ain't causing no more trouble just for today & i hope i can get this stuff with the hospital straightened out soon.
so...
Just For Today: what do YOU think?

4 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

you need legal advice.
A lawyer/ solicitor with knowledge of employment law and mental health issues and institutions.
There may be advice online you can look up of state funded assistance.
Use ALL your AA contacts for assistance. ask for help.
get humble and start doing the footwork.
And do it quickly.
The sooner you come back with a QUALIFIED response the more 'sanity credits' you earn.
SO GET BUSY.
Use the AA network for CONFIDENTIAL feedback on this situation. Seek out the BEST people you can find
Also look up lawyers in your area and ask them what they suggest, and how much legal state assistance is available.
Good luck!

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

When you are SINCERE in your 'spiritual search', your higher power see's fit to keep you in line by letting you know PDQ if you are OUT of line.
THIS is why I am so strict with Sponsees. They are ? 'trained' to be sincere in their efforts and they work hard at helping others. So (It is my belief) That they will get their AR*E kicked by their higher power if they start playing fast and loose. Mistakes, GENUINE ones, are OK. But when they KNOW they are wrong. And they keep doing it anyway? Well then they are in danger of getting their ar*e kicked by their higher power
Its quite scary being on a spiritual path you know. We HAVE to play by the rules, whether we like it or not.
Think of this as a wake up cal. Real personal like. From your higher power.
Please pay attention this time. It is still possible that you can salvage this situation. Keep a clear head and get into 'solution mode'. Do not stop until you have one!

Heres an old post about what I just said. I cant prove that its true, but I have had my ar*e kicked a few times when I wasn't paying attention, and I have learned my leson! I hope!
Karma 'Speeds up': Things coming to a head. Things coming to FRUITION.

http://anon-recovery-archive.blogspot.com/2007/08/karma-up-things-coming-to-head-things.html

erinsav said...

I agree with an Irish Friend of Bill...seek some legal advice.

This is one of those things that you cannot leave alone or it will just get worse and worse for you. If you are like me sometimes you run from situations like this hoping that they will somehow disappear. It's not going to happen this time.

Let me also put this out there...Do you think that you could possibly benefit from voluntarily checking yourself into the psyche ward of a facility? I'm not telling you that you would, I'm just asking what you think about it.

Please keep us posted on this situation. You must be freaking out inside. Stay strong and do the right thing.

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

I wouldn't check in to anywhere voluntarily until I knew what I was letting myself in for LEGALLY.
Until you get the RIGHT advice, you won't have a CLUE what to do.
IF it is possible to check in voluntarily WITHOUT getting into a 'stuck' situation, then yes, maybe thats a n approach. but it all depends on the state laws about voluntary admission and the legal powers of those institutions, and the overarching laws regarding anti social behavior and criminal intent.
Gawd knows basically.
But thats what lawyers are paid to know. They get seven !! years or so in training to figure all that stuff out!
If the police are involved, you need legal guidance. nothing less.
In this country you can get the first half hour chat for FREE. cool! I have learned to summarize my situation into a 7 min speed, so i get EXCELLENT legal advice for nothing. Mind you, sometimes you need a bit more time.
Oh yeah and use you intuition. If you do not like the look of the office, or if the legal person doesn't feel right. move on till you get a better one. (if you have the time)

Whatever. Im sure you are grilling your AA buddies for legal contacts and phoning local attorneys as we speak..