Friday, January 4, 2008

ENOUGH !

When i am hurting, i must pray.
When i am praying, i must be honest.
When i am able to, i must do step work.
If my mind stars to wander, i must focus on what i am doing right in front of me.
If a question in my step-work causes me to start drifting off down the bunny hole, skip that question and go on to the next one.

if i come under attack 20 times in a day,
i must defend myself as many times in a day

my goal is to get closer to my Higher Power.
Therein lies the true source of my strength and courage.
Therein lies the source of my serenity.

With Him, i can do all things.

On the other side of this experience lies the greatest gift of my life - if i take this postive action.

there is nothing to figure out, there is simply action to take.

when i am hurting i must remember that every act of manipulation, begging and all other manifestations of self-will have merely served to yield and increased level of pain.
i have been adding to my own burden all along.

Just for today...
bring it on disease, i aint afraid of you anymore, i aint afraid of hurt anymore, i ain't running anymore,
i'm too fucking tired and i refuse to keep on co-operating with you.

today we go to battle and the stakes are my life.

1 comment:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

well im glad you seem to be striving for more positive aims, but im afraid to say you sound somewhat scarily intense. i fear all this untoward behavior has contributed to a build up of tension that will take some time to dissipate. in the meantime stick close to aa while this intensity cools down a little.
intensity is never an attractive quality. especially in person whose recent behavior has been a little over the top. it suggests a volatile and slightly out of control temperament. its very dramatic. it suggests future unpredictable behavior if uncontained.
peace of mind is the best solution to intensity, but it will take time. concentrating on aa activities will have a more calming effect on your mind than concentrating on the state of this failing relationship.
i hope things settle down a bit and the drama starts to abate as this frazzled mental state could backfire badly for you if you act upon it unskillfully