Friday, January 4, 2008

What i really want...

is her back. not in the shitty way that things used to be. but in the way things were when we first met. somewhere i got lost . the confident, strong, happy, loving, charismatic guy that she first met he died and someone else was left taking my place.

i want her back, and the best way to get her back is to get busy finding the old drew.
not only that but get busy finding a way to keep him here once i locate him.

easier said than done? not really the hurt feelings tend to distract me, but not as much as they used to.

i want her back so when i feel like calling i'm going to tell myself that the way to get her back is to leave her alone.
leave her alone, make big money, be who i was, be responsible, be a good friend, be a good father, be a good man.

i want her back and the way to get her is to build up my relationship with God. Strengthen my recovery, be more giving and loving to others.

i want her back and to get her i have to become the old drew again and then some.

big goal? maybe. but well worth the effort. why because i want her back.

and in the process maybe i will "come to" and decide that she's not really what i want after all.or maybe i wll realize that there isnt the slightest chance of me getting her back at all. but the good news in all that is that along the way i will learn to be ok with me, God and life.

yeah i want her back and...
Just for today... I think I'm going to get her. it going to take a lot of work and a lot of time but i'm willing to do all that and more because...

i want her back.

No comments: