Monday, January 7, 2008

oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god

i walked to her house (because my room-mates park behind me now to keep me home at night) she was getting up for work and we talked (of course nothing i said made a damn bit of difference) i was in so much pain that i couldnt sleep or sit still.

on the way home i called my friend in recovery who reminded me of what i already know and gave me new information (this has happened to him also).
he told me that i have to take action along with my prayer - that i can't pray for muscles and then not work-out. i have to pray for strength and then be strong.

i am not the first to travel this path and my pain is not unique, others have felt this and endured. i will too.

i just finished praying all i could say as i cried was: "oh god, oh god, oh god..." for several minutes until i finally calmed down. when i was done i just sat. in silence i sat. for a while, just listening. i don't know what god is trying to tell me - but i am waiting for the answer.

just for today

No comments: