Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lost dreams...

My friend died.
i have known people who have died in this process, but this time i am hurt.
i don't understand why God does what He does.
this guy was my friend for a years.
our relationship was very superficial until recently when one of my main support people in cinty recommended that i call this guy who had 19 years and experience with what i was struggling with.
he and i talked for over an hour on more than one occassion and somewhere along the way we realized who each other was and that we had always been cool friends.
we made plans to strengthen our relationship and hang out and do things.
we were about the same age and had common interests.
i really liked this guy.
today i got a call from my very good friend in cinty who was in tears (shocking to me, because she has been my rock, holding me up in my times of chaos and confusion) when she told me the news i lost it.
i am not mad at God or anything but i do wonder when all this will end. how much hurt and pain will i have endure?
i know this isn't about me but i am hurting behind it.
God is good.
His plan is perfect, I am willing to stay on the path to the best of my ability.
it has been suggested that i offer to make the family some tee shirts or something to get out of my self and be of service to someone else.

1 comment:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

the deceased are very attuned to the thoughts of them soon after they pass. (if the tibetan bok of living and dying by sogyl rinpoche is correct),

http://www.rigpa.org/Home.html

so we do the deceased a great service by remaining calm in our thoughts towards them soon after they pass. they are very sensitive to what we are experiencing and thinking, for a short while. apparently. it is helpful for them if we maintain a benevolent and accepting view as they will pick up on this and gain strength from it. just as they would in real life, so to speak. not pretense. genuine acceptance. thats different. no fault. no blame. no fighting. deep peace.deep acceptance. it all helps. its just another opportunity for service really.

this is nice. this would be a nice prayer for your friend. I am sure he would benefit from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4rE7t4vbJk

hope you feel better soon.