Saturday, January 19, 2008

Gratitude...

i can see the benefits now just a little bit. people said that i would get something good out of this and i could not see it. bottom line, when i my ex broke up with me i told her that i would do anything to get her back - but i know now that i couldn't have done very much differently at all. because i was the same person, with the same perspective, spirit, attitude and belief system.
just for today a lot of me has been shaken up and i have been forced to see life in a whole new light - i am not a totally different person and i haven't miraculously become brand new or anything, but i have changed and i am on my way to becoming a new person with a new perspective on my life.
for one thing i know that i can survive on my own, and love myself, lean on the God of my understanding to get through things and most importantly i have learned that i can not and do not have to try to control everything around me.
i am powerless and everything and everybody in my life is a precious gift from God to be always appreciated and cherished, because it can all be taken away in the blink of an eye.

yeah i'm still me, but JUST FOR TODAY things won't ever be the same.

thank you God.

No comments: