Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Grateful...

I spoke with my kids tonight and they were awesome - God i miss those lil munchkins. i think i want to play with them soon.

my buddy is sick and i didn't talk to him today and i am worried. he had some kinda rash that developed into something else and ultimately mersa.
i love this guy and i appreciate talking to him daily. i am grateful for having him in my life. i hope to go visit him tomorrow.

i have another friend who has been diagnosed with HIV. i love him and he is so struggling and i didn't see him at the meeting tonight. i am worried about him.
i am grateful for having him in my life and each day with him is a wonderful gift from God. i will call him tomorrow.

i have another friend wiuth lupus - i don't know much about that but i do know that she is in a lot of pain and has lost a lot of weight. she says its incureable. i love her and i pray that God helps her. i will call her again tomorrow. i am grateful for her and all the support she has given me during my struggle.

all these things have been going on all around me for the past several weeks and i have been so consumed with self that i couldn't really see them. these people have been supporting me and holding me up unselfishly, loving me unconditionally.

i actually feel like an asshole. i have been giving all my attentions to someone who doesn't even seem to respect me.

i am grateful today that things are truly changing. Just for today i have my head out of my ass long enough to take a look a life and find plenty of gratitude for all that God has given me. I will be a friend to my friends, i think they deserve as much.

peace.

No comments: